Monday, April 4, 2011

I just had to sew something...

so here they are!  I decided to go for the "Cutie Booties" from Amy Butler's adorable book Little Stitches for Little Ones.  I made them in the 9-12 month size and they barely still fit Sir Percival at 11 months...I guess he must have big feet.  Or I wasn't being very careful with the seam allowances:)  I'm not quite sure why I chose to sew booties for a baby that won't keep anything on his feet for longer than 3 seconds (I had to stick him in the high chair where he couldn't reach his feet just to get the photo!), but it sure was fun.



This was the first project I have attempted from the book, and it was really easy to use.  The included patterns were simple to read and all the directions were very understandable.  And in usual Amy Butler fashion, the pictures of the completed projects are just so beautiful that it's pretty much impossible to say no!  My next project is going to be the "military-style cap" to match the booties...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment